Friday, July 26, 2013

5 lovely things about this week...

1. Monday: Our new prince was born! I felt the royal love even on the other side of the world! But there is nothing better than a lovely sunny day in England full of royal excitement, wish I could of been there :)

Image courtesy of http://www.thehindu.com
2. Tuesday: My boyfriend baked a gorgeous caramel, apple cheescake. Unfortunately it was half-devoured before I got a chance to take some photos of our attempt, but here is what it would of looked like if we were pro bakers. You can find the recipe on this website.


3. All week: sunny and warm winter days. Its been no good for the snow, but the sunshine has been lovely! We had a picnic of pizza breads and alioli dip on Fernhill viewpoint on Tuesday. Being able to have picnics in the middle of winter is such a nice change!


4.All week: Dog walking :) I have had dogs all my life, and living in NZ is the longest I have gone without having a dog. However, me and my boyfriend have advertised ourselves throughout Queenstown as dogwalkers for some little extra money. This week we have been walking two Pitbulls crossed with Staffordshire Bull Terriers. I have never had or walked dogs of this breed, and was a bit dubious if they would be aggressive. But they were lovely and friendly, and it was great to have some dogs for company on our little walks around Fernhill, and Queenstown. 

My gorgeous dog Indie who is back in England with my parents.
5. Saturday: my trip to the library. My life really is this wild. But I had a whole morning to myself, and I thought I would go a search through Queenstown Library. I love taking my time choosing books. After rushing through so many books whilst completing my English Literature degree its so nice to take my time choosing and reading a book. I choose What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank by Nathan Englander, and Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell :)

Image Sourced on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment